Wednesday, February 26, 2020

This and That

I never know what to do with clothes I've worn for one day.  Usually they're not dirty enough to go into the laundry, but I don't like to put them back in the closet or dresser because they're also not exactly pristine.  So I often wear the same clothes for several days in a row.  Is that weird?  Is it weird that I wonder if it's weird?
I do change my underwear, by the way.  Just so you know.

I'm one of those people who truly despise cilantro.  And it's not even that I don't like it; it's much stronger than that.  I can taste even the tiniest flake of cilantro in any food, and find it gageous.  (Gaggeous?  Gaggy-ous?  You get the idea.)  It must be a chemical reaction with my tongue, some enzyme cilantro has that no other food has.  And no, I don't think it tastes like soap, which is what most people seem to assume I think it tastes like.  For one thing, I don't eat soap, so why would I think that?  But really, it just tastes like itself, like cilantro, like something I can't get out of my mouth fast enough.

I really don't get why people stand still on escalator.  I mean, I am truly, truly puzzled by that.  I've seen people stand still on escalators on their way to the gym, where they will workout on stair masters.  We can all walk up and down stairs, right?  At least those of us not forced by infirmity or exhaustion or whatever to use elevators.  So why not walk up and down escalators?  I just don't get it.

One of my many mottos: People who drive too slowly - should.

Another motto: I can be comfortable or I can grow, but I can't have both.  It's interesting to me how many people argue with that one when I say it, coming up with examples of how it's possible to grow without being uncomfortable.  But I stand by the principle that growing, learning, stretching, experience something new is almost always uncomfortable, but is the only way we grow, learn, stretch, and experience what's new.

Another motto: I'm younger now than I'm ever going to be.  I use that one when I want to do something but wonder if I'm too old.
That motto's partner: No matter how old I am now, in 10 years I'm going to look back and think "I was so young then!"

No comments:

Post a Comment