Sunday, May 17, 2020

More this and that

Despite my fantasies of becoming an Internet sensation, I don't really expect anyone to read my blog, for the same reason I'm not reading theirs.  Life is short.  We have to be careful how we use it.  We have to choose.  (PS If you're reading this, thanks!)

************

During this time of quarantine, I'm afraid that a lot of people - people with guns - are going to get very angry over the lockdown and take it out of the rest of us by making a mess of everything.  I'm much more scared of that than of the virus.

*************

I can imagine the first White House security briefing at the beginning of Trump's presidency, the horror, dread, and disbelief that must have come over his security council as they came to realize that the new President knows nothing whatsoever about diplomacy, statesmanship, international affairs, treaties, history, the Constitution, and that he has not the slightest intention to learn.

*************

I wonder if Ivanka ever says to Trump, "Dad, sometimes you make it really hard to be your daughter."  Surely she must recognize that this man is a buffoon.  Or did she drink the Kool-Aid a long time ago?

**************

It's hard not to feel bad for Kool-Aid that their brand name is now forever linked with Jonestown. Even those who don't remember where the phrase "drank the Kool-Aid" started know that it means signing on to a foolish, dangerous venture, sect, plan, cult, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment