Saturday, April 29, 2023

Dear Time

DEAR TIME

I see you.

I know you’re there.

I didn’t used to but now I do.

I feel you inching up on me.

Whenever I say “Who is that actor in that movie, you know, the one about…?”,

Whenever I get on the floor to play with the cats and have to grab onto something to stand up again,

Whenever I can’t do what I did before and don’t know what I knew before,

I hear your dry chuckle and see you move a little closer.

I know you’re there.

I know you have plans for me.

Well, guess what.

I have plans for you, too.

Plans for where I’m going to go and who I’m going to be with and what I’m going to do.

Plans for today, plans for tomorrow, plans for the next year and the next.

I can’t outfox you.  Can’t outrun you.  Can’t outlast you.

I know you’ll catch me in the end.

So come on, follow me around.

Come close.  Breathe down my neck.

I am not afraid of you. 

1 comment:

  1. Love this epistolary piece, Babs. So relatable. xoA <3

    ReplyDelete