Monday, April 5, 2021

Looking back, looking forward

Friends and I were Zooming recently, and one of them was talking about how, now that the time of lockdown may be coming to an end, he regrets he didn't read more last year.  But I think we should all be very gentle and kind to ourselves, instead of judging or criticizing.  For one thing, of course, if you want to read more, or do anything you haven't done, start now.  But more than that is the recognition that this has been an incredibly stressful year, politically, socially, physically, emotionally, and mentally.  It's an accomplishment to have gotten through it with our spirits intact.  It's not nothing to still be able to be cheerful and to greet the longer, warmer days with expectation and eagerness.

Also, Sweet Hubby and I have agreed we are going to carry masks with us from now on.  It was great to go through an entire year without a cold, so any time we are in a restaurant or theater or plane, if someone is coughing and sniffling, we can protect ourselves.  I wish I'd had a mask on the tour through Spain my sister and I took a couple of years ago.  One of our fellow tourists got on the bus with a bad cough, and within a week, almost everyone was sick, some of us direly enough to need a trip to the hospital for x-rays and medication.  Now that would have been a good time for a mask.  

No comments:

Post a Comment